Hello, hungry readers! I hope your holiday was fantastic and that your New Year will be even better! I’m planning a big, gut-busting menu for New Year’s Eve complete with dip, onion rings, and finger foods galore. Get ready; there will be some good recipes coming your way as a result.
But we’re getting ahead of ourselves. Before we worry about new recipes, we’ve got to review all the delicious ones from this week. And since I didn’t have a Weekender last weekend, I’ll be including last week’s recipes as well. Your welcome.
Let’s review, shall we?
- Gingerbread Golden Oreo Blondies: Sweet, tender, and studded w/ Gingerbread Golden Oreos.
- Ma’s Sweet Potato Casserole: A must-have at the holiday table.
- Fudge Brownie Thumbprints w/ Caramel Drizzle: Everyone who tries one of these decadent cookies loses their marbles in delight.
- 3-Ingredient White Chocolate Walnut Truffles: Easiest, most heavenly no-cook candy ever!
- Snow-Covered No-Bake Peanut Butter Balls: Just throw ingredients in a bowl & mix for this surprisingly healthy treat.
- Fudgy Chocolate Crinkles: A brownie-like cookie dusted with powdered sugar.
- Peanut Butter-Filled Crinkles: Your favorite fudgy crinkles crammed with peanut butter.
- Hello Dollies: A family favorite, 1-pan treat.
- White Chocolate-Filled Snickerdoodles: Soft, tender snickerdoodles stuffed with smooth chocolate.
- Chewy M&M Cookies: Thick and chewy.
- Smart Cookie’s Christmas Recipe Collection 2012: Christmas may be over, but these recipes are still awesome.
- Homemade Pesto Croutons: 2 ingredients; way better than store-bought.
- Roasted Tomato & Garlic White Pizza: Super easy but delicious thin & crispy w/ three kinds of cheese & roasted tomatoes.
- Chocolate Pecan Tassles: a cross between sweet, gooey pecan pie and tender chocolate cookies.
Whew! That’s a lot of mouth-watering food right there. I apologize to all of you who now have a grumbling tummy; I’m right there with you. Hold on to your hats, because it’s about to get worse; we’re going to talk about my Christmas eats.
This year, we changed the menu up a bit. I made a scrumptious Xmas Eve appetizer involving tortellini (recipe to come), and of course we had my favorite, cheesetastic Pull-Apart Party Bread.
There were also Christmas cookies abound. Unfortunately, thanks to college, I didn’t have time to bake as far ahead as I normally do, and wound up making every single kind of cookie in one day. I literally spent an entire day in the kitchen. Afterwards, I was sore, tired, and had cookie dough in places that cookie dough should not be. But we wound up with mounds of marvelous cookies, so it was worth it!
Mr. Poe joined me in the kitchen.
…And of course, he photobombed.
Reese helped out too.
And my cats entertained me during my full day in the kitchen by showing me how good they are at camouflage.
We also had my absolute favorite Thick & Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies, Fudgy Chocolate Crinkles, Peanut Butter Filled Crinkles, Babci’s Tassles, Chocolate Pecan Tassles, Chewy M&M Cookies, and my go-to Soft Sugar Cookies, which I decorated festively as I do every year.
I also like to make a personalized sugar cookie for everyone. This year, I made hats.
For Christmas dinner, instead of doing our usual multi-course feast complete with half a dozen side dishes, Mother Cookie and I decided we didn’t want to spend all day in the kitchen, and opted for a one-pan dish: our all-time favorite Eggplant Parmigiana.
This is truly my favorite meal ever. It’s a special dish, the ultimate bubbling, cheese-loaded, flavor-packed dish to which all other casseroles pale in comparison. It was the perfect dish for our Christmas dinner.
And for dessert? More cookies!
What did you eat during the holidays?
You’ll be happy to know Santa brought me several Smart Cookie themed gifts. I finally got the food processor I’ve been praying for, a new tripod for my camera, this awesome cake plate cover that turns any plate into an air-tight container, and an adorable charm for my bracelet shaped like a mixer.
What did Santa bring you?
That’s all for now, but I’d love for you to tell me all about your holiday! Until tomorrow, I leave you with your daily dose of cuteness: