I have the best intentions when I hunt for Smart Cookie Shopping items ahead of time. I always want to make sure I’m ready for our bi-weekly post where we break down the latest food products at the grocery store, so I snag stuff in advance to avoid scrambling to find things the day before. However, I usually wind up absent-mindedly eating half of them before I remember to photograph them, which completely defeats the purpose.
I still managed to put together a tasty round-up for you so you can decide what’s worth adding to your shopping list. There’s a wide spectrum of eats to discuss today, so I’m sure you’ll find something that piques your interest.
1. Mini Candy Cane Oreos - available in the snack aisle
You can’t go wrong with a mint-flavored Oreo, especially when they’re mini. There’s something about that mini size that makes it justifiable to eat more of them.
2. Tollhouse Pumpkin White Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough – available in the refrigerated section
This is the first time I’ve seen a pre-made pumpkin cookie dough, and it wasn’t half-bad. It had the typical chewy and soft texture you expect from Tollhouse, but I would say the pumpkin flavor could have been a tad more prominent. I used this dough to make my Pumpkin S’mores Thumbprints.
3. Russel Stover Red Velvet Santa – available in the candy aisle
I don’t always prefer dark chocolate, but I did like it on this candy. Although it was tasty, I couldn’t say there was anything “red velvet” about it.
4. Candy Cane Tic Tacs - available at the check-out
I can’t remember the last time I bought Tic Tacs. These were just the right amount of sweet and minty. I could empty the container pretty quickly.
5. Amy’s Italian Vegetable Pizza – available in the frozen organic section
I am usually a big Amy’s fan in general, but this pizza fell flat (no pun intended). There was no cheese and little flavor.
6. Reese’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Spread - available near the peanut butter and spreads
I’ve got to ask – how didn’t this happen sooner? This really did taste like a jar-full of Reese’s cups, and I know you’re thinking, “Well, DUH,” but I didn’t expect the flavor and texture to be so spot on.
7. Lay’s Chocolate Covered Potato Chips
I had to at least give these a try, but I just don’t think that this is a combo that’s meant to be. They wind up tasting like really salty Kit Kats.
8. Lindt Hello Bar in Cookies & Cream/Caramel Brownie – available in the candy aisle
These were 2 for $5, so I had to try both flavors. I love Lindt chocolate, but I do think these could stand more actual filling. The chocolate, as heavenly as it is, was overwhelming, so you hardly notice the filling in either flavor.