I’ve been teasing y’all with sneak peeks of the product line-up in this edition of Smart Cookie Shopping for some time now, but it’s only because I love you. Now, you can finally get the scoop on the stuff that has just hit the grocery store shelves. What’s worth buying? What should you avoid like a plague? I’ll break it down for you.
Get your shopping list ready to go.
1. Quaker Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal – available in the cereal aisle
There are a lot of pumpkin products this season, but here’s one that makes sense. The subtle pumpkin spice flavor is perfect in oatmeal. It’s sweet but not too sweet, and it smells amazing.
2. Calbee Tomato Basil Lentil Snaps – available at Target
These might sound a little odd, but they are ridiculously delicious and addicting. Don’t buy ‘em unless you’re prepared to eat the whole bag in one sitting. They’re crunchy and coated in a generous amount of sweet tomato flavor, and they’re good for you too! I’m obsessed. Too bad when I went back to buy more, they were all out.
3. Turkey Hill Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream – available in the frozen section
I really enjoyed this ice cream because it has classic flavor with a slight twist. Instead of being plain or adding chunks of pastry crust, this ice cream features swirls of scrumptious cinnamon-graham cracker paired with perfectly pumpkin-y ice cream. If you’re going to buy any pumpkin ice cream this season, make it this one.
4. Market Pantry Pumpkin Cereal Bars – available at Target
These were good, but not exceptional. The filling was almost undetectable, and they were a bit crumbly.
5. Eggo Waffle Egg & Cheese Breakfast Sandwiches – available in the frozen section
I was so disappointed in these. I thought they were literally sandwiches with two Eggo waffles, but it’s just some thin bread pressed on top with a waffle iron imprint. They left me hungry too.
6. Pepperidge Farms Cinnamon Bun Cookies – available in the cereal & snack aisle
I didn’t expect anything too exciting here, nor did I find it. They’re tasty cinnamon cookies, but nothing exceptional.
7. Nestle Pumpkin Morsels – available in the baking aisle
These are tasty but be warned – they’re quite sweet. I find a little goes a long way, and they’re perfect for my Pumpkin Oreo Chip Blondes with Maple Glaze.