When something becomes such an integral part of your life, you stop tracking it by time. It seeps into your veins, and you absorb it into your pores to the point where it’s a part of you and your every day life. So when I step back and realize I’ve been at this food blog business for four years, it’s strange to me.
In a sense, it’s like I’ve been doing this forever. Food blogging touches my every day life, whether it’s needing to photograph every meal or having a vacation home inside my grocery store. So it’s hard to imagine life without blogging now.
That said, I also can’t believe how time has flown by. I’m happy to say there are exciting changes on the horizon to look forward to, and of course, many more delicious recipes and adventures. Why don’t we take a look back on my favorite moments from the last four years?
In no particular order…
1. I hit my 1000th post - and celebrated with a real Mr. McChip!
2. I had two recipes featured on ABC’s The Chew.
3. I sampled the grub in Connecticut for the first time
4. I did monthly appearances on my local news station WKTV News Channel 2
5. I took my first stab at catering
6. I let you in on the life of a food blogger
8. I was featured in a Buzzfeed article
9. We launched our popular bi-weekly post, Smart Cookie Shopping, and we’re on No. 57 now!
10. I changed hair color
12. …And again
13. …And again!
14. I turned Mr. McChip into the best graduation cap ever
15. I stepped up my cake game
16. I created the go-to guide for Grilled Cheese
18. I survived The Great Oven Fire of 2014
19. I conquered 2 feet of pizza with Ryan
20. We celebrated 4 years!