Everyone’s definition of heaven is different. Not everyone thinks it exists. All I know is that, if there is a heaven, then there has got to be good food there. And if there isn’t one, then we can make our own right here, right now with the foods that make every day amazing.
One thing The Smart Cookie Cook does well is construct incredible food hybrids. I know what foods work together, and I guess you could call me a culinary mad scientist of sorts. The fusions I fashion are not always expected. Sometimes, you just need your eyes opened to a beautiful pairing. Other times, of course, a duo that has stood the test of time reminds us of its perfection.
Today, I’ve compiled my favorite food matches made in heaven so we can all have a little divinity to our days.
- Loaded Cheese Fries Grilled Cheese – The two greatest cheese-covered foods are a couple now, and they’re hot.
- Brownie-Stuffed Peanut Butter Cups – What a beautiful chocolate-peanut butter union.
- Eggplant Parmesan Grilled Cheese – I love eggplant parm (who doesn’t?), but I haven’t the patience to build a whole casserole, bake it, and tangle with cutting it to eat it. Why not make it in 30 minutes and eat it with your hands instead?
- Vodka Blush Pizza – Blush sauce on pizza? Just when you thought pizza couldn’t get any better!
- Mac & Cheese Garlic Bread – You already love a crusty, garlicky breadcrumb topping on mac and cheese, so why not reverse it?
- French Toasted Donuts – Two breakfast powerhouses working together in an unbeatable treat.
- Tater Tot Tacos with Queso Sauce – Does your favorite crunchy side dish belong atop your favorite weeknight meal? Yes, sir.
- Pumpkin Alfredo Tortellini – Pumpkin and alfredo should have found each other sooner.
- Hello Dolly Ice Cream – everyone’s favorite cookie bar and cool ice cream come together.
- Garlic Bread Pizzas – It just makes sense.
- Skillet Pizza Monkey Bread – Monkey bread just met it’s cheesy soulmate.
- Waffle Brownies – The best way to eat a hot, fresh brownie buried in ice cream.