I’ve received a lot of requests for gluten free cookie recipes for whatever reason. Finally, I caved and tended to your needs. I had initial apprehension because it’s hard to make anything gluten free that’s just as good as its gluten filled counterpart. Then I realized the best way to make a good gluten free treat was if the treat was naturally gluten free, meaning that it just happened to work out that way when the recipe was created.
That is just the case when it comes to these Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies. In fact, the first thing that came to mind when trying to think of a good gluten free cookie was flourless pb’s. They’re not made to be gluten free; the main idea in a flourless pb cookie is that they’re super easy and require minimal ingredients. The fact that they’re gluten free is just an added bonus.
All you need is is five ingredients, that’s right, five! Not to mention, I’d bet my biscuit you’ve got all five of them in your kitchen right now. There’s minimal mess involved in the prep, plus you don’t have the chill the dough. So, you could realistically churn out a batch of these in no time whatsoever, and without a trip to the grocery store.
If that’s not enough appeal, you’ll be thrilled to know that these unbelievable easy cookies are also super tasty too. They’re so chewy and soft; no dry, crunchy cookies here. Plus, there ain’t no mistaking the powerful punch of pure peanut butter flavor. So whether or not you eat gluten free, these cookies are scrumptious, salty-sweet pick-me-ups that are so darn easy, you’ve got no excuse not to make ’em.
A Few Tips Before You Get Cooking:
- Possibilities for mix-ins here are endless: chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, m&m’s, etc.
- If you use natural peanut butter, you might want a bit more sugar.
- It’s easy to over-bake these, so make sure you watch them. Over-baking causes dryness.
- These are great for a Christmas cookie exchange if you have a gluten free friend.
- I doubled this recipe from the original because it doesn’t yield a lot.
Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
Adapted from Food Network
- 2 cups peanut butter
- 2 1/4 cup sugars
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix the peanut butter, sugar, egg, salt, and vanilla until well combined. Spoon 1 tablespoon of mixture about 1 inch apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Flatten the mounds with the tines of a fork, making a crosshatch pattern on the cookies.
- Bake until golden around edges, about 10 minutes. Let sit for 2 minutes then transfer to racks to cool. Repeat with the remaining dough.