Because I’m constantly on the lookout for new Smart Cookie Shopping products, I snagged a bag of Candy Corn Hershey Bars a few week’s back to sample for you guys. I thought they were tasty, but I couldn’t see myself eating the whole bag by myself, so I needed a recipe that would let me share the goodness.
A long time ago, when Smart Cookie was just a wee little blog, I made this killer white chocolate hot fudge sauce. I couldn’t help but call that memory to mind as I stared at the bag of candy corn flavored white chocolate and thought, “What an awesome sundae that would be!”
You can guess where this is going.
I turned my Candy Corn Hershey Bars into a creamy, velvety Candy Corn Hot Fudge, poured it over chocolate ice cream, and finished it all off with crumbled Pumpkin Oreos and Candy Corn M&Ms for a Double Candy Corn Sundae fit for a witch. There’s crunchiness, there’s creaminess, and there’s a whole lot of sweetness.
You’ll find more sweet tooth satisfaction in this one sundae than you would a whole bag of Halloween candy. Obviously, this is a must-have for any Halloween party or scary movie session you have this month. It’s the first of October, so as far as I’m concerned, it’s the official start of Halloween season, and this sundae is the way to kick it off with a bang.
Making hot fudge sounds like a scary endeavor, and not scary in a good way either, but it’s completely painless. Just melt together the Hershey bars with a teeny bit of cream for the smoothest confection imaginable. You’re welcome to pour this over any ice cream flavor you like, but I do love how the deep chocolate plays off of the sweet candy corn sauce.
Whether you’ve got little ghouls and goblins (AKA kids) looking for an after-school treat, or you want something to dig into while watching TV tonight, this sundae is sure to stir up spooky delight. It’s rich and satisfying, with the ability to make a mummy rip the tape off his mouth just to eat it.
A Few Tips Before You Get Cooking:
- As long as you cook the sauce on a low heat and stir constantly, you need not worry about it melting.
- Don’t feel like you need to use all of the sauce in one night; it can be refrigerated and then reheated for up to a week.
- I also encourage the use of festive sprinkles for decoration.
- Besides a sundae, this candy corn sauce can be drizzled atop warm brownies, or you can let it cool and set on a cookie to serve as frosting.
- Building a beautiful sundae is not an exact science. My only advice is to let your ice cream soften a tiny bit before attempting to chisel away at it; it’ll scoop much easier after a few minutes of thawing.
Double Candy Corn Sundaes
By The Smart Cookie Cook
yield – 2 to 4 servings
- 1 bag Hershey Candy Corn Bars, chopped
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 2 pints chocolate ice cream
- Whipped cream (optional)
- 2 cups Candy Corn M&Ms, chopped
- 4 Pumpkin Oreos (use the Halloween Oreos if you can’t find pumpkin ones)
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, stir candy corn bars and cream until completely melted. This will take a few minutes; be sure to keep stirring until smooth.
- Immediately remove from heat and set aside.
- Scoop as much chocolate ice cream as you’d like into a bowl and drizzle with your desired amount of Candy Corn Hot Fudge. Add whipped cream then sprinkle M&Ms over top. You can either stick two Oreos in the top of each sundae or crumble them over the sundaes. Enjoy.