You almost didn’t see this recipe. Sometimes, I’m baking and cooking and concocting so many different recipes at once that one will occasionally slip through the cracks. I think I made these scrumptious Mozzarella, Tomato, & Pesto Pretzel Bites months ago, and I only recently stumbled upon them again while I was looking through an old camera card. I was completely beside myself that I forgot to share such an addicting treat with you.
The good news is, I didn’t go and wipe my memory card before I realized these gems were still hidden on it. And that means y’all get to experience this 4-ingredient treat too. Talk about a close call! These little bite-sized appetizers will make you look fancy and sophisticated with next-to-no effort on your part, and they’ll be so salty-cheesy-awesome that you won’t be able to stop eating them.
I love that we get a little saltiness, a little tangy-sweetness, and a little freshness in every perfect bite. Any good finger food should be able to encompass a variety of flavors in its tiny surface area so you get the biggest bang for your bite. That’s what these Mozzarella, Tomato & Pesto Pretzel Bites do.
If you’ve got a fancy-shmancy dinner party approaching, you need these cheesy bites. Or perhaps you’re having an evening in with Netflix and your friends? You still need these cheesy bites. No matter what the occasion, you can’t go wrong with a snack this simple and this flavorful.
Thank goodness fate led me to the glorious reunion with this recipe. There’s a reminder for you to always check your camera card before you empty it.
A Few Tips Before You Get Cooking:
- If you know someone with a nut allergy, avoid the pesto. Pesto often has pine nuts in it. Instead, you can achieve the same flavor profile with fresh basil.
- You have to eat these immediately because, like nachos, they’ll soften as they sit.
- Add some black pepper for a little kick.
- Find Pretzel Crisps in the chip aisle of the grocery store.
Mozzarella, Tomato & Pesto Pretzel Bites
By The Smart Cookie Cook
- 2 dozen Parmesan & Garlic Pretzel Crisps
- ½ cup pesto
- 48 fresh mozzarella pearls
- 1 dozen grape tomatoes, halved
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Lay pretzels out in an even layer on pan. Place a dollop (about 1 tsp.) of pesto onto each pretzel then top with two mozzarella pearls per pretzel. Place one tomato half on top of the cheese.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and enjoy.