My best ideas wallop me in the head like a fastball.
I was just looking in my pantry for a snack, gazing at box of Peanut Butter Cheerios, when suddenly my eyes fell to the bag of peanut butter baking chips, and WHAM. Idea formed; awesome recipe born.
My Triple Peanut Butter Crunch Clusters came together effortlessly as each necessary ingredient seemed to illuminate in my pantry and announce its presence. My pleasure was like a mad scientist’s when discovering something devilishly brilliant; picture me with a hunched back, tapping my curled fingers together with a sly grin spreading across my face, and saying, “Eeeexcellent.”
Now, erase that image from your mind because that is disturbing, and no one should have to see that.
These Triple Peanut Butter Crunch Clusters are more than excellent; in fact, you won’t believe how deliciously addicting each peanut butter-packed cluster is. I brought them into work, and my co-workers raved, one of them claiming he could eat every last cluster all by himself.
You wouldn’t think something so simple could be so delicious, but that’s the beauty here. This is a no-bake treat, requiring just 4 ingredients, but the end product is amazing. We’ve got not one, not two, but three levels of peanut butter power here: crunchy, salty Peanut Butter Cheerios, sweet peanut butter chips, and of course, pure smooth peanut butter. Combine that with white chocolate to create a crunchy, creamy treat that’ll satisfy the fiercest of snack cravings. It’s a great change from the same old chocolate candy. Plus, they’re considerably better for you.
You can whip up a batch of these dangerously tasty clusters in no-time, and you only need one bowl to do it. I implore you to see if your taste-testers can guess all three peanut butter components. My co-workers were stumped!
What are you waiting for? Go get your peanut butter on!
A Few Tips Before You Get Cooking:
- Use chocolate chips instead of white chocolate chips to create Chocolate-Peanut Butter Clusters.
- If you can’t find Peanut Butter Cheerios, Peanut Butter Cap’n Crunch would be delicious.
- Make these festive and seasonal by dawning them with colorful sprinkles that coordinate with a holiday, like green & red for Christmas or pastel colors for Easter.
- You must melt the chocolate and peanut butter in intervals or it will burn.
Triple Peanut Butter Crunch Clusters
By The Smart Cookie Cook
Yield – about 2 dozen
- 1 bag Reese’s Peanut Butter Chips
- 1 ¼ cups white chocolate chips
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups Peanut Butter Cheerios
- Line two cupcake tins with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, cook the peanut butter chips, white chocolate, and peanut butter on high in the microwave for 25-second intervals, stirring well in between. It should only take about 4 intervals to be able to stir it smooth.
- Fold in Cheerios until evenly distributed. Drop generous tablespoons into prepared cupcake tins. Chill in fridge until completely set, about 30 minutes. Store in fridge in an air-tight container.