Creamy & crunchy. Salty & sweet. The best of everything goes into this Banana Peanut Butter Cookie Pudding, and the results are nothing short of heavenly.
Now that summer has arrived, no-bake, make-and-chill desserts like this are ideal. You don’t have to slave over a hot stove or oven, it comes together in no time, and the final product is cool and refreshing. I’d say it’s perfect for a family picnic on a warm summer evening, but in all honesty, you’re not going to want to share this. It’s a stick-your-face-right-in-and-inhale kind of dessert.
We’ve got luscious, creamy banana pudding that’s decadent yet light and fluffy at the same time. Then we layer it with those incredible Perfect Peanut Butter Cookies to create a fantastic blend of flavors. This is what sweet and salty dreams are made of. Plus, the cookies turn soft from chilling in the fridge, tucked beneath the pudding, which causes a melt-in-your-mouth effect. All the flavors fuse together, and it is a truly delicious experience.
I never knew such a simple dessert could taste this incredible. I’ve definitely got myself a new favorite.
Oh sweet peanut butter banana goodness, take me away to sunshine-filled summer bliss.
A Few Tips Before You Get Cooking:
- This pudding is worlds better if you use homemade cookies, preferably softer ones. The Perfect Peanut Butter Cookies I used are, well, perfect!
- Easily double this for a crowd and make it in a big ol’ baking dish.
- Make your life easier and bake the cookies days, weeks, or even months before you plan to make this dessert. That way, you can store the cookies in the freezer until the mood strikes you to make this.
- You need at least 6 hours to chill this baby, so plan ahead!
- You MUST use super duper ice cold water, or your pudding will not set up! However, if you do use water that’s too warm, never fear. Just pop the pudding into the freezer until it firms up.
Banana Peanut Butter Cookie Pudding
Adapted from Cakespy
- 1 14-oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup ICE COLD water (I’m talking straight out of the freezer cold)
- 1 package (3.4 oz) instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups heavy cream, chilled
- 3 cups coarsely chopped Perfect Peanut Butter Cookies, plus more for garnish (about 1 recipe’s worth)
- 4 very ripe bananas, sliced into coins
Recommended pre-step: Chill your mixing bowl in the freezer for about 30 minutes before making the pudding. This will help it set up.
- In a medium chilled bowl, whisk together the ice cold water and sweetened condensed milk until combined. Immediately add the pudding mix and whisk vigorously until thickened. If it’s not thick enough, stick it into the freezer until it sets up.
- Whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form, then gently fold it into the pudding mixture until well-combined.
- To assemble dessert: In a large trifle dish or deep-dish baking pan (about 8×8 in size), make a checkerboard pattern with the cookie pieces and banana slices. Spread half of the pudding on top in an even layer. Top with the rest of the cookies and bananas then finish with the remaining half of pudding. Smooth out nicely then garnish with extra cookies (I cut mine in half moons and placed them around the circumference).
- Chill for at least 6 hours before serving. Spoon into bowls or parfait glasses and enjoy!