Because I believe quesadillas belong in every meal, I’ve created this Easy Breakfast Quesadilla for you.
Ol’ snow storm Stella dumped the motherload of snow on us here in CNY last week, which meant I was stranded at home and not entirely prepared food-wise. I keep most of my breakfast stuff at work. But as I was staring into my fridge and dreamin of Dunkin Donuts’ Wake-Up Wrap that I had no way of venturing out to get, I decided to make my own jumbo-sized version.
You’ll need only 5 ingredients to make your own breakfast quesadilla dreams come true too. But don’t be fooled by the DD’s snack wrap that inspired my quesadillas; this is one hefty meal. I even shared a slice with my boyfriend because I was so full, and we know I rarely feel compelled to share food.
So whether you’re snowed in or you need something a little more substantial than Dunkin, give this Easy Breakfast Quesadilla a chance to rock your world. And seriously, don’t plan on eating lunch. You’re not gonna be hungry until dinnertime, I swear.
A Few Tips Before You Get Cooking:
- Feel free to swap out cheeses for what you like best. Pepper jack, for example, would be great.
- Bulk this up with veggies like spinach, broccoli, avocado, or peppers. Or try some bacon!
- Serve with a drizzle of taco sauce or hot sauce, if you like.
- You can make this more of a snack portion by halving the wrap and making 1 egg.
- You could make this the night before, slice into 3rds, then wrap and seal in an air-tight bag to freeze for another time! Just pop one in the toaster oven when you want it.
- I LOVE Tumaro’s wraps. They’re 80 calories, but they’re HUGE, and they taste so good! I find them near the deli section of my grocery store.
Easy Breakfast Quesadilla
By The Smart Cookie Cook
Yield – 1 quesadilla
- One 10″ wrap, like Tumaro’s (I like the sourdough ones)
- 2 tsp. olive oil or butter, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 slice American cheese, broken into pieces
- 1 slice sharp cheddar cheese, broken into pieces
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp. chopped green onions
- In a small skillet, bring 1 tsp. of the oil or butter to medium-low heat.
- Crack the eggs into the pan and cook on each side until cooked to your liking, about 5 min. per side, or less if you’d like them runny. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, bring the remaining tsp. of oil or butter to medium heat in a medium pan. Lay the wrap down and place the cheese over half of it. Sprinkle the tomatoes and green onions over the cheese. Place the egg over top and fold half of the wrap over to create a half-circle.
- Let cook until golden brown, then flip and brown the other side. Slice into thirds and enjoy.