Kids’ food is for kids, right? As adults, we’re supposed to be like the Trix Rabbit and let go of treats intended for youngsters. But there are some foods too good to outgrow. I asked you guys for your favorite childhood foods that you STILL love to eat today. Here’s what you had to say:
- “I still love Kraft Mac & Cheese and Uncrustables. Yum! I love homemade mac, but sometimes you just have to sit and enjoy Kraft. Brings me back to my childhood.” -Nicole D.
- “The original Double Popsicle – root beer flavored.” -Peggy B. (Sorry, this image was the closest I could find!)
- “Kraft Mac & Cheese, hands down!” -Ryan C.
- “Uncrustables & Spaghetti-O’s.” -Kathy A.
- “E.L.Fudge Double-Stuffed Cookies!” -Carol-Ann B.
- “Kraft Mac & Cheese for sure! And the occasional freezer pop.” -Sarah B.
- “Pop-Tarts!” -Kathy N.
- “I love plain ol’ grilled cheese and tomato soup.” -Lisa M.
- “Lucky Charms & juice boxes!” -Victoria L.
- “Kool-Aid Bursts!” -Kayla C.
- “Pepperidge Farms Goldfish Crackers – obsessed! Xtra Cheddar, Flavor-Blasted Pizza, Vanilla Cupcake….mmmm (totally housed a whole bag myself the other day).” -Jamie C.
- “Jell-O Pudding in the individual cups. Chocolate or tapioca were favorites!” -Bonnie B.
- “I will never be too old for fruit snacks; I don’t care what people say! They’re too good not to eat!” -Alyssa L.
- “Jell-O ABC’s.” – Shannon C.
And mine: Uncrustables, Kraft Mac & Cheese, Goldfish, and frosted animal cookies.
Now that you’re hungry, here are some recipes you can make with all of those childhood favs:
Recipes to Make With Favorite Kids’ Foods
Tater Tots: Loaded Tater Tot Pizza
Fruity Pebbles: Ice Cream Pebbles Rainbow Sherbet Treats
Fluffernutter Sandwiches: 5-Minute Fluffernutter Fondue for Two
Kraft Mac & Cheese: Alfredo Mac & Cheese Stuffed Tomatoes
Eggo Waffles: Cookies & Cream S’mores Waffles
E.L. Fudge Cookies: E.L. Fudge Cookie Ice Box Cake
Frosted Animal Cookies: Frosted Circus Cookie Butter