Holy mother of Cheesus, would you look at the flood of molten cheese escaping from every crack and crevice of this Jalapeno Popper Party Bread? I’m not even sure we can find the bread underneath that gooey blanket, but you best believe I’m going to try.
Y’all know my Party Bread is still one of the most popular recipes on the website, and for good reason. I myself make it every Christmas and New Years because it’s so ridiculously delicious.
This year, I started to get creative and switch up my beloved bread when I made that to-die-for 3 Cheese Bacon Party Bread. Now, much like my need to make every hummus flavor imaginable, I find myself possessed by party bread. I want to try every cheese and flavor combination under the sun.
This Jalapeno Popper Party Bread is my latest little creation. I took spicy jalapenos and seemingly endless cheese to infuse this bread with jalapeno popper flavor. The tender, perfectly toasted bread gets the melted butter treatment to make it even better. And suddenly, five simple ingredients turn into something other-worldly.
There’s not a cheese-loving soul in the world that won’t lose their mind over this kicked up bread. It combines a classic appetizer with another less-traditional but equally loved app to make the ultimate melty hybrid that you won’t be able to keep your paws off of. Just make sure to have some water at the ready.
A Few Tips Before You Get Cooking:
- Make sure you choose good-quality, sturdy bread. A soft or wimpy loaf will not hold up.
- If you want even more heat, opt for pepper jack cheese instead of mozzarella.
- How much jalapeno you use is in your hands, depending on how much spice you like. I’m a baby with spice, so I used 3 tbsp. Let that be your reference point.
- This is party-perfect food. Prepare the loaf and stuff it up ahead of time then refrigerate until you’re ready to eat. Bake it off, and you’re good to go.
By The Smart Cookie Cook
- 1 loaf sturdy, good-quality bread like Neo Tuscan or sourdough
- 12 oz. sharp cheddar cheese, sliced
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, melted
- 3-4 tbsp. chopped jalapenos (depending on how hot you want it)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil,
- Slice bread in a checkered pattern, cutting almost to the bottom but not all the way through.
- Stuff every last crevice with the cheeses. You’ll probably have a little extra. Pour butter over top, letting it soak into the crevices, then sprinkle with jalapenos.
- Cover completely and bake 10 minutes. Uncover and bake another 20 minutes or until golden brown and melty. Enjoy.