Happy St. Patrick’s Day, everyone! If you do nothing else today, take advantage of your last chance to indulge in a Shamrock Shake. And then, if you’re still hungry, you can check out the round-up of festive green recipes I posted on Thursday.
Can you believe we’re two weeks into March already? Before you know it, Easter will be upon us. It’s early this year: March 31. That’s why I’ve been prepping with multiple bunny-approved recipes (check out the entire Smart Cookie Easter collection here). In fact, next week, we’re going all out for Easter with a new festive recipe every day. It’s Easter Week at Smart Cookie, and you don’t want to miss it!
But before we get ahead of ourselves, let’s backtrack and review every delicious bite from this week. We had some seriously stellar recipes like my life-changing Fried Eggplant Parmesan Sticks and guacamole…with bacon in it!
Let’s review, shall we?
- Fried Eggplant Parmesan Sticks
- Samoa Cookie Butter
- Nutter Butter Truffle Eggs
- Bacon Guacamole + 9 More Green Recipes for St. Paddy’s Day
- Wegmans Wonders: March 2013
What was your favorite recipe this week?
I’ve got to go with those Fried Eggplant Parmesan Sticks. Those were mind-blowingly good.
One of the recipes I’m excited to share with you during Easter Week is my too-cute Coconut Macaroon Nests. Not only are they pretty, but they’re scrumptious. One of my taste-testers dubbed them the best coconut macaroons he’s had.
Now, it’s time for the moment you’ve all been waiting for: We’ve got to announce the winner of my Giveaway!
Amylou61 will receive a totebag full of assorted tantalizing Extra Gum flavors, a notebook for keeping track of his/her Simple Swaps, and $40 giftcard to Whole Foods! I will email you, but I need a reply by Monday, March 18 at midnight, or I will have to pick a new winner.
Thank you to everyone who participated. I enjoyed reading everyone’s comments about the Simple Swaps you make in your lives to be healthier and your favorite Healthy Cookie recipes. Here are some of my favorites:
- Emrld89 said: FAV healthy cookie recipe – the GUILT FREE PIZZA PARTY! That post is the reason why I buy wraps, zucchini, and sargento light string cheese every time i go to the grocery store. I’m obsessed. I never crave pizza when i’m out anymore either since i can make my own for about 200 cals – and eat an entire pie. Win-win.
- Sharon Lynn said: 2 swaps: 1) Pb2 for peanut butter! So delicious – I use for baking, smoothies, mixed with Greek yogurt, or as a basic spread for bread, pita, etc.; 2) Almond milk for normal milk. Slashes the calories and the Silk brand tastes SO thick and creamy…can’t get enough!
- Sara Brito said: My swap is olive oil instead of vegetable oil or butter. I also bake a lot of my food instead of frying it as well. Sometimes it doesn ‘t sound as good but it usually tastes good if not better and always makes me feel better.
In other news, I’m in love with Wreck-It Ralph. It was adorable, comical, and for the love of God, can I please live in Sugar Rush? That place is the product of my sugar-laden, frosting covered, chocolate-coated dreams. And seriously, Devil Dogs? How cute were they?
Want to stay up to-date with all the Smart Cookie goings-on? Be sure to subscribe (at the top of the right sidebar) and get my delicious posts sent straight to your email. Also be sure to find me on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.