Valentine’s Day is coming up. You really want to do something special to show your sweetie you care. You decide there’s nothing more romantic than cooking for them.
Except you can’t cook.
No need to fret. Not everyone is a novice is the kitchen. Even The Smart Cookie Cook has days when she feels clueless. That’s why I whipped up these Chocolate Oatmeal Krispie Bites, so you and I can make something amazing in our kitchen without hurting ourselves.
Here’s the thing though; there’s no need to go telling your Valentine how easy these Bites were to make for them, because they’ll never know. They’re that delicious, a dangerous and addicting kind of delicious where food teeters on the line between being food and being crack.
Even you will be baffled that a treat requiring only one bowl and three ingredients could be so devilishly delectable. That’s just not possible, right? Well, get ready to believe the unbelievable because my Chocolate Oatmeal Krispie Bites are crispy, crunchy, chewy and chocolaty balls of bliss that require no effort or expertise. All you need to do to is stir the ingredients together in a bowl, plop into cupcake liners, and chill. There’s no baking, no rolling, nothing.
These Bites will make anybody fall in love. They’re just so darn tasty, no one can resist. I myself have chosen to forgo a boyfriend this V-Day and just have a relationship with these chocolaty bites. They’re much less complicated than men, and much sweeter.
A Few Tips Before You Get Cooking:
- White, milk, or dark chocolate…it’s up to you!
- These aren’t just good for V-Day. Switch out the sprinkles to coordinate with the season/holiday, or leave off the sprinkles altogether.
- You could use Cocoa Krispies in the milk chocolate bites for extra chocolate impact.
- Melting chocolate is simple, but you MUST do it in intervals, stirring in between, or it will burn.
- I think the white chocolate version was the best, but try them all if you like!
No-Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Krispie Bites
By The Smart Cookie Cook
Yield – 2 dozen bites
- 2 12-oz. bags white, dark, or milk chocolate chips (I did 1 bag of milk & 1 bag of white, and my favorite was by far the white)
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup Rice Krispies
- Valentine sprinkles, optional
- Pour the chocolate into a large microwave-safe bowl. Cook on high in microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring well in between each interval. It should only take about 4 intervals for you to be able to mix it smooth.
- Fold in the oats and Rice Krispies until well-coated and evenly distributed.
- Line two mini-muffin tins with mini liners. Use a spoon or mini ice cream scoop to drop tablespoons of chocolate mixture into the tins. Garnish with sprinkles, if desired.
- Chill bites in fridge until completely solid and firm, about 20 minutes. Enjoy!