Tell me that’s not the cutest name for a recipe you’ve ever heard. Just say it out loud once. Go ahead: Mini Broccolini Ricotta Frittata.
Doesn’t it make you giggle?
I love foods that put a smile on your face (which, for me, is most foods). Although a frittata isn’t exactly the first candidate that comes to mind when you think of fun, cheerful foods, you’re going to find that this Mini Broccolini Ricotta Frittata changes your mind. What makes a frittata fun you ask? It’s a combination of great flavors, a fluffy texture, and guilt-free stats you can feel good about. This whole hearty frittata is all yours for under 200 calories.
Now are you feeling joyful?
If all that protein and nutrient-rich goodness doesn’t cheer you up, then the first forkful sure will. This frittata has a pillowy texture thanks to the ricotta that gets mixed right in. Adding that creamy cheese makes this taste very indulgent, when in reality, it’s the exact opposite. In fact, we’re using fat-free ricotta, which mean you get decadent cheesy taste without the fat or calories.
Then we add broccolini, which is essentially mini broccoli, because mini stuff makes everything more fun. Fresh oregano and garlic take the flavor scale over the top, proving that healthy foods don’t have to be flavorless. Finally, the generous layer of gooey mozzarella cheese on top will make you truly question how this frittata could be guilt-free.
Don’t let the deliciousness mess with your head; this eggy baby tastes good while being good for you too.
A Few Tips Before You Get Cooking:
- If you can’t find broccolini, use regular broccoli or broccoli rabe.
- Spinach would be delicious instead as well.
- Add red pepper flakes to add a touch of heat.
- You could use parmesan or feta instead of the reduced-fat mozzarella on top.
- This makes a single serving, but feel free to double, triple, etc. in order to feed multiple mouths.
Mini Broccolini Ricotta Frittata
By The Smart Cookie Cook
- 1/2 cup Egg Beaters
- 3 tbsp. fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped broccolini
- 1/4 tsp. fresh chopped oregano, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 light mozzarella cheese stick, like Sargento
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 10-oz. ramekin or baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Tear the mozzarella stick into strings and roughly chop. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the Egg Beaters and ricotta cheese. Stir in the broccolini, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper. Pour into greased ramekin and bake for 30-45 minutes or until top is set and the middle is still a bit wiggly. Top with the mozzarella cheese and bake for another 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with fresh oregano & enjoy.