If pizza was a man, we would totally get married.
I’m so in love with pizza; it has looks and personality. Just one glance at a good cheesy pizza, and I start to drool. But then I take a bite and I’m like, “Oh my god, you’re delicious too!” Pizza has got it all. Now if only I could find me a man like that…
This Garlic Bread Pizza? I’d marry it. The crust is buttery and full of garlicky, herbilicious flavor. Then it’s topped with that zesty sauce and gobs of melty mozzarella cheese. Show me a man this delicious, I beg you. Okay, so Chris Hemsworth is pretty delicious, but I’m not even sure that he could satisfy me quite like a slice of this good and garlicky pizza.
I’m not playing around here; this pizza is blanketed in tons of stringy, delicious cheese. Sure, a little bit of cheese is good, but a lot of cheese is better. That’s the best thing about making pizza at home; you don’t have to worry about skimpy toppings. You’re in control of your own pizza destiny.
If average pizza is awesome enough as is, than this pizza with extra cheese and a supremely flavorful garlic crust is extraordinary. If you’re a pizza fan like myself, I implore you to give this pie a try. It’s stupidly simple, but equally delicious. Don’t be surprised if you wolf down a few more slices than you intended.
After all, love makes you blind.
A Few Tips Before You Get Cooking:
- I know it seems like a lot of butter, but it’ll all soak up into that thick crust, never fear!
- If you aren’t going to make the sauce homemade, then by the best-quality sauce you can find.
- A little bit of parmesan would take this pizza up another notch.
- Looking for more pizza goodness? Try my AMAZING Tortellini Pizza!
- Use the best pizza crust or dough you can find. Don’t go cheap, or the taste and quality will suffer.
- You want a nice thick crust for this pizza.
Garlic Bread Pizza
By The Smart Cookie Cook
- 1 thick pre-made pizza crust or pizza dough (store-bought or homemade & rolled out thick)
- 6 tbsp. butter (3/4 of a stick)
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 cup pizza sauce, homemade or good-quality store bought
- 3 cups shredded parmesan cheese (you may use less if you have a smaller crust, but no less than 2 cups)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place pizza crust/dough on a baking sheet and par bake for 8 minutes. It should be set but not browned. Remove crust from oven, but leave the oven on.
- Brush the butter onto the crust in an even layer. Evenly sprinkle with italian seasoning and garlic powder. Let sit for 2 minutes so the butter can soak in.
- Spread sauce over crust and sprinkle evenly with cheese. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly and crust is golden brown. Slice and serve.