You know that Lay’s Potato Chip challenge: “Betcha can’t eat just one“?
I vividly remember coming home from school as a child and wolfing down half a bag of Sour Cream and Onion Potato Chips in one sitting. I’m not proud. Nowadays, I don’t even buy the stuff because I know what a danger it is for me. But Lay’s wasn’t kidding; there is definitely something about a chip that physically prevents you from just putting the bag down and walking away.
Is it an addiction? Perhaps. Luckily, most addictions can be cured with the proper procedures. When smokers decide to quit, one common way to combat cravings is with a faux cigarette, a placebo if you will. The trick lies in tricking yourself. You’ve got to make your brain think it’s getting what it wants.
The same idea can be applied to those dastardly potato chips. You’re stronger than they are. All you need is a replacement, something to curb those salty, crunchy cravings when they come at you full-force. This, my little cookies, is where my Spicy Italian Kale Chips come in.
Crispy, crunchy, spicy, and salty, these kale chips are sure to deceive your potato chip-craving mind. They’re so delectable and addicting that you’ll have no desire for a greasy potato chip. Plus, they’ve got garlic powder, onion powder, an paprika for a zesty medley of flavors. No boring kale chips here! You won’t be able to stop snacking, but for once, that’s not a problem.
Kale is one of the most nutritious foods you can consume. Lucky for you, it taste good too. Even if you’re not typically big on veggies, once you bake these guys to crispy perfection and top with a sprinkle of seasonings, you will be in snackin’ heaven. It’s crunchy munchy goodness, with a little bit of spice, sure to satisfy the strongest craving.
A Few Tips Before You Get Cooking:
- Don’t like spice? Don’t need it! Just add the salt, paprika, garlic, and onion and keep these guys heat-free.
- These aren’t just great for snacking. They make a perfect party appetizer as well.
Spicy Kale Chips
By The Smart Cookie Cook
- 7 cups chopped fresh kale
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Spread kale out in an even layer on baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil. sprinkle with salt, garlic, onion, paprika, and cayenne. Mix the kale around to coat evenly. Bake for 30 minutes, stirring after 15, or until crisp. Let cool for 10 minutes then enjoy.