Contrary to what some people may think, having a food website does not mean you cook and bake elaborate eats every single day. In fact, with life constantly forging ahead at full-speed, I usually wind up eating quick and simple things more than I do the fancy and indulgent. This is especially the case when it comes to dessert. I rarely have time to make a fancy dessert, so I find myself getting creative. If you want a delicious dessert to curb your craving for something sweet at the end of your day but don’t have time to bake, then you’ll have to work with the time you’ve got.
That, my little cookies, is where this 2-Ingredient Pumpkin Rice Pudding comes in. You need only 2 things to whip it up: pumpkin butter & a rice pudding snack pack. Stir it up and eat up! And, if you’re feeling extra indulgent, you can add a dollop of whipped cream.
What you’ll find is creamy, dreamy pumpkin heaven. It’s almost ridiculous how good this pudding is. It tastes like a homemade dessert, but all you had to do was stir some pumpkin butter into a bowl of pudding. Does it get any better than that? Actually, it does.
You see, the best part is that, if you use the sugar-free packs of rice pudding, then this luscious dessert clocks in at 105 calories. Yup. That’s it! And you can add 2 scoops of Cool Whip for another 25 calories. So this dessert is simple, crazy yummy, and guilt-free too.
When you find yourself needing a quick but satisfying and sinfully sweet treat, then this Pumpkin Rice Pudding is right for you. It’s creamy pumpkin goodness in mere seconds!
A Few Tips Before You Get
- If you don’t like rice pudding, you could use plain vanilla instead.
- A little sprinkle of cinnamon makes a great finishing touch!
- You can totally fool your friends into thinking you made dessert if you serve this up (just don’t let them see the empty pudding cups!).
- If you don’t typically have pumpkin butter on hand, you’ll find it’s not going to go to waste should you buy some. It’s so smooth, sweet, and pumpkin-y that I could eat it by the spoonful! You can spread it on toast, make a peanut butter & pumpkin butter sandwich, whip up my luscious Pumpkin Tiramisu, or even blend it up with some vanilla ice cream for a pumpkin milkshake. The possibilities are endless. Pumpkin butter truly is a staple.
2-Ingredient Pumpkin Rice Pudding
All You Need Is:
- One rice pudding snack pack (like the kind by Jello)
- 1 tbsp. pumpkin butter
- optional: 2 tbsp. Cool Whip, for topping
To Serve it Up:
- Spoon pudding into a small bowl. Add pumpkin butter & stir until thoroughly combined. Top with Cool Whip and a sprinkle of cinnamon, if desired. Grab a spoon & dig in!
Creamy pumpkin rice pudding with only 2 ingredients? Now that’s sweet & simple!