Are you in need of an easy and sweet spooky treat? Then these grinning jack-o-lantern Oreos are for you! The classic sandwich cookie gets all dressed up in a pumpkin costume for Halloween! They’re perfect for Halloween parties & handing out to trick-or-treaters for several reasons:
- They look so cute and festive, but they’re cake to make.
- They’re made from a delicious cookie that everyone loves, made better with a white chocolate coating!
- Finger foods = perfect party munching!
You can whip the white chocolate glaze up in minutes, so these Oreos are as easy as they are tasty! It’s a fancy and festive snack without all of the fuss.
So, saddle up with your Halloween spirit and whip up these cute & delicious, white chocolate-drenched Oreos. You’ll be feeling spooky in no time!
All you need is:
- 1 cup white chocolate chips or chopped
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tsp. powdered sugar
- red & yellow food coloring
- black & green writing gel/frosting
- 6 Oreos
To serve it up:
- Place Oreos on a large plate or tray.
- In a small sauce pan over low heat, melt the white chocolate in the heavy cream, stirring constantly. When chocolate is melted, add powdered sugar and whisk until smooth.
- Remove from heat. Quickly stir in food coloring, adding more until it reaches your desired shade of orange (I used about 1 drop of red and 3 drops of yellow). While the glaze is still warm, pour a spoonful on top of each Oreo, lightly spreading it to the edges and letting it drip over the sides. Freeze Oreos until glaze is firm. Add a second coat of glaze if desired.
- Using the black writing gel, draw pumpkin faces onto the Oreos. Use the green to draw vines and a stem. Return to freezer or fridge until ready to serve.