Crunchy munchy eats are the ultimate snacks. Refer to nuts, chips, popcorn, granola, etc. I’m always looking for new ones, especially ones that pose healthy benefits as well. I love a good handful of nuts for an afternoon boost of protein. For a long time, I’ve been wanting to try roasted chickpeas (also known as garbanzo beans). Lucky for me, my monthly Food Network Magazine came in today and what easy recipe did it offer?
Roasted Chickpeas of course!
I had all of the ingredients on hand so, naturally, I roasted these babies up in no time. Man, is this one tasty & addictive snack! You pop one in, and you pop in ten more! They’re just so yummy with a crispy, crunchy exterior and tender, creamy interior. It’s a textural rainbow. Plus, these little chickies are bursting with flavor from the zesty seasonings. Snacking never tasted so good!
But wait! There’s more! These tasty toasted treats aren’t just for snacking. Sprinkle ’em over a salad for the perfect crunchy kick to your leafy greens. Plus, it bulks up the salad with protein.
Best of all, these are easy as pie to whip up. Toss the chickpeas in the seasonings and some olive oil then roast and toast! It’s that simple.
With such an easy, crunchy, tender snack that’s packed with 12 grams of protein per cup, why would you not make these?
A Few Tips Before You Get Cooking:
- Dry the chickpeas very well. The drier they are, the crispier they’ll get!
- Play with the seasonings to create a mix you like. Although, this one is pretty darn good!
Zesty Roasted Chickpeas
Recipe adapted from The Food Network Magazine
- 2 cans of chickpeas, drained, rinsed, and thoroughly dried
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. chile powder or chipotle chile powder for an extra kick
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Toss the chickpeas with the olive oil and seasonings until thoroughly and evenly coated.
- Spread coated chickpeas out on baking sheet in an even layer. Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden.