There are many edible examples of a match made in heaven: french fries & ketchup, peanut butter & jelly, grilled cheese & soup. But have you ever heard of peanut butter and Oreos? It’s kind of an underground thing. You’ve either never imagined such a thing or you’ve been enjoying this pair in unison since childhood. If you’re in the know, then you really know. This is an understated match. So perfect. So heavenly.
It’s really not that obscure of a combo. Oreos are chocolate cookies. Chocolate goes PERFECTLY with peanut butter. Then you’ve got the crunchy texture of the cookie coming together with the creaminess of the peanut butter. Bam. There you go. It’s simple science, my friends.
When you experience PB & O, stars align. You wind up with a delicious chocolatey, peanutty flavor very similar to that of the Girl Scout Peanut Butter Patties, only much, much better. This takes two all-American comfort foods and blends them together in one super-comfort-food hybrid. It will conjure fond memories, warm feelings, and overall content. It’s feel good food (and it tastes good too).
All you need is:
- Oreos (I like Double Stuf!)
- Peanut Butter (Creamy or Crunchy? Totally up to you)
To serve it up:
- You can gently twist off the top cookie, spread about 2 tsp. of PB on the lid, and sandwich the cookie back together (as I did in my pictures).
- You can simply spread the PB on top of the Oreo & enjoy.
- Simpler still, you can dunk your Oreo directly in the jar of peanut butter and go to town!
You don’t always need hours of cooking or endless ingredients to make something good. Just slap some peanut butter on an Oreo and bask in the heaven that results.
Keep it sweet & simple.